The firm handles contested divorces in Minnesota.
Joseph M. Flanders has experience in trials, hearings, and many types of family law litigation.
Although I encourage mediation and settlement whenever possible, I am not afraid to go to trial when it is necessary to help my clients.
At times, clients need an aggressive lawyer who knows the law and how to enforce it.
I have handled multi-day trials for clients involving child custody, child support, spousal maintenance, division of marital property, and paternity issues. I know how to present evidence that helps my clients achieve the best result possible.
What to expect in a contested divorce
Many people who come to me are nervous about their case. Often, people feel helpless and have many questions about how to receive a fair result.
If you are faced with a contested divorce, you should keep in mind some of the following things:
- prepare all of the documentation you have that you feel will support your case;
- contact potential witnesses that you feel will testify on your behalf;
- request any protective or restraining orders you feel are necessary;
- do not hide, conceal, or destroy marital assets;
- gather all documents related to marital debt;
- gather all documents showing income and health insurance for any minor children;
- contact a lawyer about obtaining spousal maintenance and/or child support
Often, it is important to put your best foot forward to speak with a lawyer before you make any rash decisions.
Free Initial Consultations
Contact the Flanders Law Firm today. The firm offers free consultations to all potential clients. Call (612) 424-0398.