You can call me Joe. I treat all my clients like I would my mom or my brother.
I started Flanders Law Firm LLC with the idea that the client-lawyer relationship could be something better. After working with me, I want all of my clients to say:
“Wow, that was better legal representation than I expected.”
If I’m not meeting that goal, I’m doing something wrong.
Your Minnesota Family Lawyer
I practice in the legal fields of Minnesota family law, estate planning, and probate. I also attend Continuing Legal Education, I write articles, I blog, and I read as much as I can about my legal practice areas. I focus on these areas because I want to be the best in my field at them.
When not working as an attorney, I enjoy spending time with my wife and two sons.
I am also an avid fishermen, amateur guitar player, and lover of the outdoors. If you don’t need a lawyer, but want somebody to go fishing with, give me a call and I won’t charge you for it.
Minnesota State Bar Association Profile
A little bit more about my Resume
- Practice Areas:
- Family Law, Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts, Probate, Small Business Law
- Undergraduate Education:
- University of Iowa, B.A., English.
- Law School:
- University of North Dakota School of Law, J.D., with distinction.
- North Dakota (inactive)
- Indiana (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- North Dakota State Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- National Scholars Honors Society
- North Dakota Law Review
- Scribes, American Society of Legal Writers.
- Transboundary Water Disputes on an International and State Platform: A Controversial Resolution to the Devils Lake Dilemma, 82 North Dakota Law Review 997 (2004).
- Academic Student Dismissals at Public Institutions of Higher Education: When Is Academic Deference Not an Issue?, Notre Dame Journal of College, University Law, 34 J.C.U.L. 21. (2007)
- University of Georgia Education Law Consortium, 2007.
- Landlord Tenant Law Update, Continuing Legal Education (CLE), Sterling Education Services.
Free Initial Consultations
Contact the Flanders Law Firm today. The firm offers free consultations to all potential clients. Call (612) 424-0398.