Minnesota Contempt of Court - Flanders Law Firm LLCJoseph M. Flanders and Flanders Law Firm LLC represents clients who need enforcement or defense of a Minnesota contempt of court charge.

In Minnesota, contempt of court is described as:


Upon the evidence so taken, the court or officer shall determine the guilt or innocence of the person proceeded against and, if the person is adjudged guilty of the contempt charged, the person shall be punished by a fine of not more than $250, or by imprisonment in the county jail, workhouse, or work farm for not more than six months, or by both. In case of the person’s inability to pay the fine or endure the imprisonment, the person may be relieved by the court or officer in such manner and upon such terms as may be just.

A contempt of court charge can be very serious.  If you need a Minnesota contempt of court attorney contact the firm today.

Enforcing Contempt of Court

The firm has experience in vigorously representing clients enforce court orders.  Often, people in a family law proceeding or divorce will find that their former spouse is not following an order.

Whether the order you want enforced deals with child support, alimony or maintenance, division of marital debts or assets, child custody, property division, or some other legal issue, the firm has experience prosecuting these actions.

The firm has also been successful in obtaining attorney fees for either the husband or the wife in a contempt of court proceeding.

If a court order is entered in your favor, you have the right to enforce it.

Defense of Contempt of Court

The firm is experienced in the laws of contempt of court.   If you are faced with a situation where you believe the other person involved in your lawsuit may be asking a judge to enforce a court order against you wrongfully, you need an attorney to argue your position.

In many family law situations, one party may think that the other party isn’t following a court order.  This may or may not be true.

Often, people who are not lawyers may think a court order means one thing when it actually means another.  A good family law lawyer will be able to read and understand an order.

Although the facts vary from case-to-case, there is a chance that you may not be in violation of a court order but you still have been summoned to court for a hearing.  As a Minnesota contempt court lawyer, Joseph M. Flanders will argue your case.

Free Initial Consultations

Contact the Flanders Law Firm today.  The firm offers free consultations to all potential clients. Call (612) 424-0398.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.